Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Watercolor Hooray

{judy} Hello RRR Lovers! Today I spent some time watercoloring - an easy background, with four loosely blended colors. If you have seen many of my posts, a lot of times, I like to mix comtemporary and traditional elements, as well as graphic or geometric and vintage. 
I stamped my sentiment (Watercolor Words) in Archival Black Ink (Stampin' Up!) several times using my MISTI, as watercolor paper has a texture that sometimes takes a few impressions for the solid look I want. Next, I added washi tape (also Stampin' Up!) down the left side, and layered Black Diamond Metallic Baker's Twine and Pink Burlap String on top. I love this string, and want every color Bonnie offers in the RRR Store! This pink matches the upper right corner of my watercolor perfectly.
Finally, I added a heart shaped mini shaker, with sequins inside to the upper right corner, and mounted this panel on Basic Black cardstock. The final layer is vintage black lace patterned paper (Paper House) on a light pink (Blush Blossom) cardstock.
All my layers are held together with Scor-Tape. I think it makes for a fun celebratory card! Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say